19.03.2024, 07:45 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
theblackpig
15 Titel: Newbie - Question on vmware - SOLVED  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2011, 19:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Sep 2011
Hi
I have today downloaded Kanotix and at this moment I'm useing the live CD. I'm very impressed so much so that I'm thinking of making it My main OS (at present Open Suse)
However I have one major consideration , can I install vmware workstation ?
If the answer is yes , is it difficult for an ignoramus like me. (Generally I have to copy and paste commands for instance)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von theblackpig am 22.09.2011, 19:59 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
TheOne
Titel: Newbie - Question on vmware  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2011, 19:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Mar 2008

Welcome to Kanotix community,

the answer is yes, because Kanotix is based on Debian stable and vmware workstation works with that. But I would prefer Virtualbox for private usage or KVM/QEMU for professional usage. Whatever I did not use vmware workstation before, but a quick Google search shows you how to install it. See this slideshow http://www.slideshare.net/marciniwinski ... n-gnulinux

Regards TheOne

PS: if you are interested in VBox, please visit IRC (just click blue IRC icon on your desktop) and see the factoid !vbox or just ask for it) - if you are new to IRC and what to read how to use it, you can read this short introduction Kanotix IRC channel

theblackpig
Titel: RE: Newbie - Question on vmware  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2011, 19:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Sep 2011
Thank you TheOne . I'm a long term user of Vmware and prefer it tp VB - each to his own I say
Sehr glücklich

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.