28.03.2024, 22:32 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Loco-S
Titel: Configuring Lisa Daemon?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.03.2007, 04:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Sep 2005
Hi again, ( I have been lost in work and family stuff) last week I got hold of Kanotix 2006 rc4 and installed it ( a couple of times), first time something went wrong and I couldnt find samba, so I made an "update" from the same CD ( MD sum was fine with K3b) and could get hold of samba, configured Lisa and everything seems to be fine until I try to access my other computer ( which has the internet access and runs windows xp sp2) then it says that lisa is not configured and it has to be enabled by the administrator...GRRRRR....I have done it several times and NEIN! .

Do I need to make a script to enable it at start up?...Im quite a noob when it comes to writing code, How do I enter the script ( does anyone has an example?) I like kanotix a lot ( clean, and fast and more user friendly -to me- than other distros, and Im learning the hard way ( ....I only ask when Im completely lost. Winken )

I have an old hub Centrecom MR815t connecting both machines, it shows activity and packets are sent and received, but for some reason I cant access wxp nor internet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Loco-S
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.03.2007, 03:34 Uhr

So...any ideas?.....lets see, I tried to configure lisa as root, it accepts all the wizard settings, but when I try to connect it to LAN it says its not configured, is it a bug?...it used to work with the Easter release....what can I do?.

Werner.

Loco-S
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.03.2007, 04:56 Uhr

OK, thanks for the answers (im sure its the browser that filters the laughter at my lack of knowledge) , I finally figured it out, I had to go to :
Kanotix
Boot
services
and enabled Lisa, which by default was not enabled

The OS is top notch, but the help files need tro be a little more polished, Im by no means a "pro", but if you want to have more people switching to Debian, it has to be more explanatory than poking around to see if it works.

I have learned something new, and that makes me happy.

Werner

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.