28.03.2024, 11:41 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Debian_Disciple
Titel: Problems with Digital Camera and Dock  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.11.2006, 05:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Jul 2006

hello all,

I am having a problem getting my Kodak Esyshare CX 7300 and Easyshare dock 6000 to work with digikam and kanotix.

This is what is happening whenever I press the Easyshare button on the dock I get an error from KIOExec saying
Zitat:
unknown Error could not claim USB device

I had to manually setup the camera in digikam. but when I select the camera I get this error in digikam when selecting the camera
Zitat:
failed to connect to camera. Please make sure it is properly connected would you like to try again?

the camera is detected and mounted in KDE as a USB imaging device by KDE. I have also tried launching digikam. via a konsole using sux but I get the same errors. I know my Camera is supported by gphoto it is listed on the site but I am not sure about the dock

if anyone could help me fix this problem it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Debian_Disciple
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 11.11.2006, 21:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Jul 2006

Bump

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
bluewater
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2006, 14:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006
I think this is a bit dependant on the actual camera,,,, sometimes its a matter of selecting a setting button on the camera itself, to allow access..

I think though this is not a kanotix problem per se, rather it seems a kde problem, if you cant find the correct setting on the camera to allow transfer, i think the best solution maybe to read the camera manual to give you a glimmer of info,,

Or contact the kde folk via a bug report, as they do tend to take this sort of bug as more than just an "opps"

and a Production Box, Desktop ICEWM::

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.