28.03.2024, 22:27 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
bobdawn
Titel: CD/DVD distribution  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.10.2006, 22:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Aug 2006
I saw a request for CD or DVD distribution of Kanotix releases, but I now can't find the thread. I'd like to add my support to this. A CD is all that's needed, as it's so easy to add extra programmes with apt-get.

It took me almost 3 days to download RC3 on what we (jokingly) call broadband in Australia. I'd gladly pay for a mailed CD and wait a few days. This paid service should support Kano and the team, without interfering with the free nature of Kanotix and Debian and I'd like to see the team free from financial worries.

At present, we have to spend days prodding a slow download and later remember to send a voluntary donation out of gratitude.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: CD/DVD distribution  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.10.2006, 23:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

You should download the xdelta patches.

h2
Titel: RE: CD/DVD distribution  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.10.2006, 08:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

Please be careful with these 'free cd' offers. You have no way of knowing if the disk was burned correctly, if it's good quality, and if it was burned slowly enough, so if you get one of these, you may find yourself dealing with more headaches than you thought you were saving.

I saw this happen to one guy, took a while to figure out why his install was buggy, turned out he'd gotten the cd online and it was corrupted, as is easy to do with kanotix, unlike most other distros, because of the ultra high compression the release uses.

dpdt1
Titel: RE: CD/DVD distribution  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.10.2006, 10:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jan 2006
we burn and send (some) linux cds in greece -might send to the rest of the balkans also, just ask first-, for no cost whatsoever, if anyone's interested. ( email: non_profiterol@yahoo.it ).
in some cases these come accompanied by guides in greek (debian etch, knoppel 0.7), for new linux users.

P.S trying to start a Debian NP community, over here...

It's An Emergency

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.